The vision for Cross Design Group is to provide the ability for museums, historical sites, and cultural organizations to offer their visitors interactive virtual experiences. Imagine having a infinite display area and ability to rotate your collections! All of this can easily be dropped into your existing web site fully leveraging your current investment.
Cross Design Group
Technology for Museums.
Redefining the Virtual Museum
What we are offer is a multi-faceted platform that will integrate museums resources with new technology, rather than a single exhibit solution. In the marketplace, there is a great deal of “Wow” factor, but little that presents a business case. We address the business case for:
- Low cost exhibitions using technology rather than physical build out and shipping of exhibition pieces
- Archival exhibitions
- Featuring warehoused pieces
- Exhibiting pieces that are sensitive to public traffic
- Exhibits for physically or geographically challenged individuals
- Serious games for PC, Android, and MAC
- Integration with standard museum databases, such as Adlib
- Interactive physical displays using technology such as Microsoft Kinect and Occulus
- Phone and Tablet App that can be sold/distributed of real and assembled exhibits
We do this using the Unity game engine along with vendor API’s. We strive to create something that is value-added to the institution long term and not just a flash in the pan.